Job Advertisement for Bank Support Worker
Bank Support Worker (learning disabilities/challenging behaviour/physical disabilities) for Severn Care Limited in Westbury on Severn, Gloucestershire.
We are Severn Care Limited. We are a home for adults with learning disabilities. We are based in rural Westbury on Severn. We have a main house & individual bungalows set in 1.5 acres of paddocks.
In this role as a Bank Support Worker, you will be expected to:
- Have or be working towards Health & Social Care QCF (formerly NVQ)/diploma level 2 or higher.
- Promote the values of Severn Care Limited.
- Have basic literacy & numeracy skills.
- Be available for flexible working patterns including evenings, weekends and nights where required.
- You will be required to contribute to support plan reviews and relevant meetings.
- Our residents are looking for support workers who can work with them in their own bungalows to support them with daily living, this can include personal care, preparing meals, bathing, cleaning, mobility and assisting with their active timetables (including horse riding, shopping, college, gardening, swimming and cinema but to name a few).
- You must be prepared to undertake any other duties that are required to assist our residents.
- You will strive to make these experiences and situations positive and rewarding for our residents. You will support our residents to promote individual choice, development, relationships and independence.
- You must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
It would be desirable for you to have:
- Your own transport.
- Previous experience within social care.
- Knowledge of working with Autism.
- Knowledge of working with challenging behaviour.
In return we will offer:
- All staff receive comprehensive training, on the job and formal, which is fully funded by the company (terms and conditions apply)
- A competitive hourly rate of pay in relation to your skills, experience and qualifications.
- Encouragement to complete further on the job education.
- We will develop and enhance your skills to reach performance excellence.
If you are interested in joining us, please fill in our online application form here, download a PDF Version which can be printed or alternatively telephone us on 01452 760164.